At Kavaliro, we feel it is our obligation and responsibility, as well as our greatest pleasure, to give back to the community in which we do business. All communities grow and prosper as a result of the efforts both individuals and local businesses make to create lasting improvements for everyone. It is our goal to ensure that as we grow and succeed as a company, we give back to the region with as much effort and enthusiasm as we do when we provide services to our valued clients. We love our community, which has provided so much to us, and we are proud to contribute to the overall growth and quality of life in Central Florida.
Kick-off for Kids
Raised $118,132 and over 81,348lbs of food
The Kick-off for Kids event is an event benefitting the Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) and Orange County Public Schools (OCPS) food pantries. More than 200 people each year come out to support Kavaliro’s favorite charity Kick-off For Kids. Hosted at Rock & Brews, Oviedo, the event helps raise more than $10,000 and over 2,000 lbs. of food to be donated for local elementary school children each quarter.
In conjunction with the start of a new NFL season, the event is attended by local companies and organizations seeking to improve the community of Central Florida. The night’s festivities include a raffle where winners received donated prizes and a football squares game with proceeds going to the food pantries. Off the field there are no losers; everyone enjoys the game, even more, knowing it is for a good cause.
Kick-off for Kids; has obtained their 501(c) (3) certification, and Kavaliro continues to be the events title sponsor.
Collected over 1,700 food items
Sparked by the 60 Minutes documentary on the homeless situation in Central Florida, a piece that made 60 Minutes history, local staffing firm Kavaliro continues to make a commitment to help feed the hungry within the community. Kavaliro partnered with Seminole County Public Schools in support of its Backpack Program, and through the last four food drives collected more than 14,000 food items.
The program benefits students who receive free or reduced lunch, or families facing financial difficulties. Each Friday backpacks are filled at the school with nutritious food to be sent home with the students, providing 10 to 15 needful families with two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners for the weekend. The empty backpacks are returned the following Monday to be refilled for other families. Because the need is so great, the families rotate each week.
Organizations We Support
Our community involvement is far-reaching. We do not immerse ourselves in these organizations for the accolades that often come with such involvement, but instead are truly grateful for what we have and want to give back in any way we can. We list these organizations here not as a bragging right but because we want to get the word out about the wonderful services these organizations are providing in the hope you will spread the work and get involved. We can only become a better people, a better community, and a better country through our efforts to help others.
- Darrell Armstrong Foundation for Premature Babies: summer basketball camps, Darrell Armstrong Classic Weekend, Thanksgiving Meal Distribution, Grants for services at the Darrell Armstrong Development Centers at Florida Hospital for Children and Florida Hospital East
- Boys & Girls Club: Celebrate the Children Event. May 4th, 2012 at the World Center Marriott, Orlando, FL.
- Runway to Hope
- UCF Race for the Cure
- Darrell Armstrong Foundation for Premature Babies
- Boys & Girls Club
- Florida Hospital Foundation
- Special Olympics
- Camp Boggy Creek
- Hospice of the Comforter
- Cornerstone Hospice
- UCF Alumni Association
- Association of the United States Army
- UCF Foundation
- St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Oviedo
- Disney Entrepreneur Center
- National Defense Industrial Association
- Homeland Security Industries Association
- National Center for Simulation
- East Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- American Red Cross
- American Cancer Society
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
- UCF Golden Knights Club
- Track Shack Foundation
- Council of Catholic Women
- Children’s Liturgy
- Orange County Public Schools
- U.S. Navy Veterans Association
- Ministry to the Armed Forces
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Firefighters Support Services
- Philip Bryant Melanoma Foundation
- Children’s Cancer Research
- Zac Jarzynka Memorial Tournament
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Toys for Tots
- BETA House
- Haiti relief efforts
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- American Veterans Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- Children’s Home Society
- and Providing Autism Links and Support.