Drug Free Statement
Kavaliro is committed to providing an environment that is safe, healthy, and conducive to positive and effective work situations.
- Abuse or illegal use of drugs or alcohol by employees and contractors jeopardizes the safety of the individual, client, and community. No alcohol or illicit drugs are allowed on Kavaliro property. The sale, transfer or use of alcohol or illicit drugs while on Kavaliro property may result in legal prosecution. This may result in the imposition of fines, probation, or incarceration as legal sanctions under local, state, and federal law.
- Employees and Contractors are expected to perform satisfactorily and behave responsibly. Appropriate assistance will be offered to students when the use of alcohol and illicit drugs interferes with these essential expectations. Failure to meet these basic expectations will result in disciplinary action and ultimately dismissal from Kavaliro.
Kavaliro maintains a “smoke-free” environment. Smoking is prohibited on Kavaliro property.
Drug Free Workplace
Kavaliro is committed to providing and maintaining an environment free of alcohol/drug use and misuse. The use and misuse of alcohol/drugs can impair the judgment of the employee, impacting the ability to satisfactorily perform assigned job duties in a safe and secure manner.
Any employee involved in one or more of the following are subject to termination:
- Reporting to work or working under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, unlawfully using, possession, selling, manufacturing, dispensing, or distributing illegal drugs or controlled substances including but not limited to amphetamines, cocaine, cocaine metabolites, barbiturates, marijuana, opiates, narcotics, and phencyclidine during working hours or on premises (including but not limited to buildings, grounds, lockers, and parking facilities).
- Drinking, possessing, selling or distributing alcoholic beverages during working hours or on premises.
- Pleading guilty to or being convicted of a criminal violation of using, selling, possessing, or distributing illegal drugs or for illegally using, selling, possessing, or distributing prescription drugs during working hours or on premises.
- Refusal to submit to a drug/alcohol screen.
- Theft or diversion of any drug or narcotic.
- Failure to submit to a rehabilitation/treatment program at the request of Kavaliro.
- Violation of the Fit for Duty and/or Drug Free Workplace Policy